Skyphos is 3D Printed ultra-high resolution microfluidic devices, manifolds, and accessories
The Skyphos team will be there to collaborate at every step - with complete engineering support, design review and on-call development. Consultations and design review are offered at no additional cost with priority and focus on your project goals.
What are the advantages to prototyping and producing devices via 3D printing:
- Faster and cheaper: We ship in 72 hours, allowing expedited design iterations and first-to-fail advantages. Our pricing packages compare to buying a mold.
- Concentrate on what is important - not making chips - concentrate on the science.
- Freedom from alignment and multi-layered devices - true 3 dimensional artifacts, vias, enhanced porting available on top or any side the chip, multi-layer piping.
- 10x aspect ratio capabilities enable massive flow rates: Free standing channels and walls 20 um wide and up to 200 um tall - taller with buttressing.
- The behavior of your prototype and production will be identical. If you prototype with us, we can move you into production with high capacity runs
- Our PEG-DA based resin is clear, low auto florescence, biocompatible and has extremely low non-specific protein absorption. It can be functionalized in much the same way as other microfluidic materials.
- We want to work with you. If we don't have the solution for you in our library of polymers we will work to develop them for you.
Rules of the Road - Chip Design -
Most investigators are used designing in 2D, layer by layer. Skyphos continues to support this method. If designs require mutli-layers they may be ordered as single layers to be stacked by the investigator - OR - you can fill use the monocoque/layer tool and the chip arrive as an integrated chip - layers will be aligned and ordered in our software into a pre-stacked, aligned, and sealed unit. Of course if you have a design in 3D we encourage you to upload to the single drop.
Basic design rules - Stanford Chip Shop rules:
If your design requires 20um artifacts, please design to 5 um grid.
- Resolution - It's in the details:
The ability to incorporate maskless microfluidics to your design really depends on the requirements of the chip, physics, and your process. We strive to provide a platform for investigative use that fits everyone, but we are still limited in some aspects of 3D printing:
Please see the below chart for recommendations. While you may order outside of these, we cannot guarantee your chip will function.
***Make a chart here for limitations and recommendations:
channel heights, roof spans and thicknesses, proximity of artifacts to one another.
**Make note about size of pixels and applications
- SPEED - Time is Money :
Let's do a timeline experiment on the standard process, vs Print on Demand (POD).